Explore the biomechanics and brain changes that occur with obesity and how to account for them when cardiovascular training your clients who have obesity. Determine ways to select safer and more effective methods of cardiovascular exercises for your clients and find tips for successful sessions.
1. Course Manual (Download PDF)
2. 17 minute video (View Online or Download MP4)
3. 20 Question Multiple Choice Online Quiz
Education Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|2.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|2.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|2.0||Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)|
|2.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|1.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|2.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|2.0||Sara's City Workout (SCW)|
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
The Easy Petition Page to get approval for a CE courses. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Analyze clients who have obesity and the work environment before you start a session and program.
- Design a cardiovascular training program for clients who have obesity.
- Understand what biomechanics changes occur with obesity and how to account for them in your program design and execution.
- Define Wolff's Law and the role of forces in designing and executing sessions for your clients who have obesity.
- Select appropriate modes of cardiovascular exercise for your clients who suffer from obesity.
- Execute a cardiovascular training session with a client who has obesity safely and effectively.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer