The Breast Cancer Recovery BOSU® Specialist Advanced Qualification was developed for health and fitness professionals seeking to attain a higher level of mastery and work with breast cancer patients during and after cancer surgery and treatment and into survivorship. Participants will gain a complete understanding of the entire breast cancer process from diagnosis and treatment to reconstruction and survivorship. Our unique and individualized programming will help to improve the patient's ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment. Using the BOSU® Balance Trainer, participants will learn how to prescribe corrective exercises for muscle imbalances and range of motion deviations, as well as exercises to promote lymph drainage.
1. Course Handbook 296 pages (Download PDF)
2. 84 minute online video
3. 100 Question Multiple Choice Online Exam (80% or better required to pass exam)
Education Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|16.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|1.6||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|1.6||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|7.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|16.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
The Easy Petition Page to get approval for a CE courses. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different surgeries, including reconstructive, and the impact of these surgeries on physical mobility, posture, and activities of daily living.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of upper extremity lymphedema and how to prevent and manage them.
- Perform a full-body postural assessment and range of motion assessment.
- Develop a comprehensive therapeutic exercise program to help correct muscle imbalance and range of motion limitations while addressing other acute and chronic treatment side-effects.
- Develop sensible periodization principles based on the patient/survivors age, fitness level, reaction to treatment and/or length of survivorship.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer