The Cancer Exercise Specialist Advanced Qualification was developed for health and fitness professionals seeking to attain a higher level of mastery and work with cancer patients during and after cancer surgery and treatment and into survivorship. Participants will gain a complete understanding of the entire cancer process from diagnosis and treatment to reconstruction and survivorship. Our unique and individualized programming will help to improve the patient's ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
This course is in 4 modules. Each module includes:
1. Module Handbook (Download PDF)
2. Online Video
3. 25 Question Multiple Choice Online Exam (80% or better on each exam is required to pass)
Education Level: Intermediat - Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|16.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|16.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|15.0||Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)|
|1.6||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|16.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|7.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|16.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|16.0||Sara's City Workout (SCW)|
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
The Easy Petition Page to get approval for a CE courses. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different surgeries, including reconstructive, and the impact of these surgeries on physical mobility, posture, and activities of daily living.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of upper and lower extremity lymphedema and how to prevent and manage them.
- Perform a full-body postural assessment and range of motion assessment.
- Develop a comprehensive therapeutic exercise program to help correct muscle imbalance and range of motion limitations while addressing other acute and chronic treatment side-effects.
- Develop sensible periodization principles based on the patient/survivor's age, fitness level, reaction to treatment and/or length of survivorship.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer