June Kahn, internationally recognized fitness leader and educator, takes you step-by-step through a carefully designed Pilates Mat program for cancer patients and survivors. You will learn specific Pilates exercises that will help your client to correct muscle imbalances and range of motion limitations following cancer surgery and treatment.
1. Course Handbook 95 pages (Download PDF)
2. 8 online video modules
3. 50 Question Multiple Choice Online Exam (80% or better required to pass exam)
Education Level: Intermediate
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|8.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.8||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|0.8||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|4.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|8.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
The Easy Petition Page to get approval for a CE courses. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of Pilates and how they can minimize the negative side-effects of cancer treatment.
- Understand the various postural types and how Pilates can help to correct muscle imbalances and minimize pain.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of upper and lower extremity lymphedema and how to prevent and manage them.
- Develop a comprehensive Pilates therapeutic exercise program to help correct muscle imbalance and range of motion limitations while addressing other acute and chronic treatment side-effects.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer