This course focuses on periodization training, a core training concept all fitness professionals should understand. In periodization training, you will learn the foundation of therapeutic exercise. Analysis of sport specific training including assessments, training methods, and designing effective training programs is included. This course is ideal for health-fitness professionals that want to understand the science behind the movement and value working effectively with every client.
1. Course Manual 132 pages (Download PDF)
2. Course Workbook 22 pages (Download PDF)
3. 30 Question Multiple Choice Online Exam (75% or better is required to pass)
Education Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Fitness certification or degree recommended
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|3.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|3.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|0.3||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|PEND||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|PEND||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|3.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|3.0||Sara's City Workout (SCW)|
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
The Easy Petition Page to get approval for a CE courses. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of therapeutic exercise and program design.
- Identify appropriate exercises for your client based on medical history, prior level of function, fitness testing and personal goals.
- Understand the foundation behind periodization training and how these principles apply to all clients.
- Design sample microcycle, mesocycle, macrocycle or individualized programs for clients.
- Understand the foundation of sport specific training including agility, power, and speed and be able to perform common agility, power, and speed tests proficiently with appropriate clients.
- Understand the energy systems, movement analysis, and be able to identify the functional anatomy behind common daily and sport movements with an understanding of the muscles and joints involved with movement.
- Identify new training techniques with sport specific clients based on the latest evidenced based research.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer