This advanced course gives CPTs and other fitness professionals the summit of knowledge on working with clients with any type of diabetes or with prediabetes. It covers the final topics related to diabetes and prediabetes, including gestational diabetes and other concerns related to working with female clients. There is more information about the types of insulin people with type 1 diabetes use (and well as many with type 2 and gestational diabetes) and how to help dedicated athletes troubleshoot their performance issues. Finally, CPTs will learn more about the best technologies to use to train clients with diabetes and prediabetes. Trainers at this level will be in demand by clients with diabetes.
1. Course Text (Download PDF)
2. 7 online videos
3. 50 Question Multiple Choice Online Exam (75% or better required to pass exam)
Education Level: Advanced
Prerequisites: Working with Clients with Diabetes or Prediabetes Level 1 and Level 2
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|6.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|6.0||American Fitness Professional Association (AFPA)|
|6.0||Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)|
|0.6||Aquatic Therapy & Rehabilitation Institute (ATRI)|
|6.0||International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)|
|3.0||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|6.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
|6.0||Sara's City Workout (SCW)|
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
The Easy Petition Page to get approval for a CE courses. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Master the basics about gestational diabetes, as well as specific concerns related to working with female clients.
- Learn more about the effects of insulin on exercise, food and caffeine.
- Be able to help clients with diabetes troubleshoot their performance and optimize their exercise training.
- Fully understand the best technology and apps to use for clients with diabetes and prediabetes.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer