Health Appraisal and Risk Assessment set the stage for legal responsibility to your client and enable you to limit liability exposure as a health-fitness professional. Understanding this process and using it correctly aligned with industry standards will help you properly screen your client for potential risk. This course teaches you how to navigate through the process dictated by the American College of Sports Medicine Guidelines. It includes several printable assessment forms and covers many important topics that all health-fitness instructors must understand to practice within industry standards.
Education Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Successful completion of the quiz is necessary to receive Continuing Education Credit.
|0.3||Action Personal Trainer Certification|
|3.0||American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)|
|0.3||American Kinesiotherapy Association (COPS-KT)|
|0.3||International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)|
|0.3||National Association for Fitness Certification (NAFC)|
|1.5||National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)|
|0.5||National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)|
|3.0||National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)|
If this course is not approved by your organization you can use the
The Easy Petition Page to get approval for a CE courses. We make it EASY!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance and necessity of health appraisal and risk assessment for all clients.
- Learn how to properly perform a health appraisal.
- Understand ACSM risk factor thresholds for coronary artery disease.
- Be familiar with the signs and symptoms suggestive of cardiovascular and pulmonary disease.
- Be able to place your client into an ACSM risk stratification to determine whether a physician's consent is necessary.
- You will practice the health appraisal and risk assessment process with sample clients.
System Requirements to View This Course
This course is tablet enabled and can be viewed on an iPad or Android tablet as well as a PC or MAC Computer